Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Spin Me Right Round

I just got finished listening to episode 106 of the Veganfreak podcast. As usual it was amazing, and inspiring. I wrote a drabble (A short story that is exactly 100 words), and I think it turned out pretty good. I love writing drabbles. But at any rate, I have discovered a band. True, I discovered it through the podcast, but it still counts. I have discovered Propagandhi. They are amazing.

Propagandhi is a rock band, and their songs are about political issues, even veganism and why it's good. The singer was interviewed on the podcast, and I was amazed, and awed at some of the stuff he said. He talked about how he took his six year old neice to a hockey game, and at the end they played the national anthem and soldiers repelled down from the rafters, and Chris's neice (The lead singer's neice) asked why the soldiers had guns. I don't know about the rest of the world, but if soldiers repelled down from rafters with guns, I'd be scared shitless. Yet most of the people in the arena were cheering. It's... incredible, and stupid, and something that I would not appreciate. Keep politics out of my sports dammit!

I also discovered what the inside of a McNugget is before it's fried. It's like a liquid. I nearly threw up. For serious, that's just gross. I hate McDonnald's with a fiery burning passion which I reserve for only certain people. And then there was a portion of the show where Bob talked about how this woman called 911 three times because McDonnald's ran out of Chicken nuggets. How pathetic. That is completely misusing the 911 service for a completely idiotic purpose. "Oh shit, McDonnald's ran out of nuggets! Someone call the police, this is a crime man!" No. A crime is when someone shoots someone, or someone robs a house, or what have you. So stupid.

The more I learn about the world I live in, the more I wish that I could stay locked in my house 24/7. *Sigh* Humanity.... fails.

Still suffering without Sing The Sorrow.

THE END~

No comments:

Post a Comment